So, is fur like sticking around or what? I’m kind of hoping is does because as I sit here and type, the attractive weather lady informs me more snow is forecast across Britain tonight and I for one don’t really care if fur is in or not because I’m kind of fantasising about some sort of ugg suit that I can work in tomorrow … Ok, so that would be a bit hideous and it really isn’t that cold compared to other parts of Europe right now but I did need reinforcement by means of my faux fur gillet today underneath my coat as an extra layer and it worked a toasty treat (sweating on the tube, well that’s another story).
Irrespective of your personal attitudes towards fur (faux or otherwise) I’m sure it’s crossed your mind at some point, especially if you’re graced with sub zero temperatures, that the girl wearing that fur coat looks damn warm and you just want to reach out and stroke her. Ok, maybe that’s just me but fur’s one of those things that you kind of love to hate and can’t help but be curious about what you’d look like in it.
I never expected to own a fur gillet or coat when I lived in Australia but the moment Winter hit London, I made a run for the shops and lined myself with I guess fake animal hair?! I wondered whether there would be any need to wear fur upon my return to Australia and I thought to myself, why not do a styling session on fur gillets that can be worn transeasonally We know you can wear fur jackets with jeans and boots but what about a fur vest paired with a dress for Spring? My friend Banana, originally from Melbourne as well, let me style her in a faux fur gillet in a fun and quirky way.
As with all the styling sessions, let’s get to know a little more about Banana!
Banana’s Profile Stats
- Banana’s Height: Approx 5 ft 1” (1.57m)
- Skin tone: Fair
- Build: Petite
- Body shape: Rectangle Refer to this post if you need a reminder
- General Clothing size: Size XS – Small UK/AUS 6-8.
- Lifestyle: Busy with travels: – This lil travel bug is making the most of her time in London by travelling and conquering Europe on the weekends
- Shopping preference: Needs basis
- Shopping frequency: Purchases every few months and gurl loves sale time.
- Style Preference: Fun, quirky and lover of prints and graphics
- Personality (in three words): Creative, happy & positive (All in my opinion!)
Banana’s Styling criteria
- For this styling session, Banana had no criteria and allowed me free ‘artistic’ range – She modelled for me to practice my styling skills and I wanted to play with graphics, colours and geeky fun accessories with an slightly edgier look than usual.
Banana’s unique topshop dress looks great as a flowly billowy dress but I wanted to tailor the look by adding a wide belt to define the waist and show off the extension of Banana’s petite yet long slim legs. Adding heeled booties without the usual black tights shows them off even more and I thought it’d be fun to throw on a faux fur gillet over a sleeveless dress.
We added fun faux glasses, accessories and my Chloe Partay bag to match the dress and to tie in the three colours of the outfit for a little bit more funk.
Photos taken by me and Kylee – Thanks Banana! You look like you could be in Stockholm street style blog
- Old Topshop dress (alternative here)
- Old Witchery Belt (similar her)
- Old Zara Booties (New season here)
- Halston Heritage Faux Fur Fest (similar here)
- Medium Chloe Paraty Suede Bag
- COS Necklace
A gorgeous alternative to these Zara boots that would look awesome with this outfit the the Senso Cut out Qimats!