Hi Tien, can you do a post on the top 10 (or more) ‘must-have’
T-Styled Me Answered:
“You have one bag, you put all your crap in it, why do you need more?” said my bf once, twice, 100 times to me … then he realised I was a closet handbag monster and kind of, not really, gave up on trying to understand. In answering your question, I truly believe there’s no such thing as a ‘must have’ handbag. Sure there are highly coveted, popularly blogarised and celebrity endorsed purses that we love, but it’s important to remember that bags don’t need to have a designer name to make or break an outfit and bags should be fun and fitting to an individual’s likes, lifestyle and budget.
Now, if you were to ask me another question like, say, ‘What are your top 10 favourite handbags on an unlimited budget without any associated feelings of spulrger’s guilt,’ then this is what my wishlist would look like 😛
1. A classic handbag e.g The Chanel Classic
Why? It’s iconic, luxurious, timeless, appreciates in value, makes you feel oh so special and it’s classy (with the right outfit that is). I love that there are different sizes, styles and colours that can work to fit your own style and personality.
2. A Good shoulder, cross body bag like the Proenza Schouler PS11
3. A slightly oversized ‘Fit everything in your life’ type bag. E.g the Celine Phantom
4. A multi-functional bag e.g Celine trio which separates into a clutch
5. A casual yet stylish bag for travelling and everyday errands. I think Balenciagas make great travel bags personally!
6. Practical everyday work bag – Like my very overused Mulberry Alexa
7. A tote for travel, work, nappies or the beach E.g Longchamp Pliage
8. A structured alternative bag for work E.g The Givency Antigona
9. A timeless clutch for those special evenings out E.g A YSL Clutch
10. A funky coloured fun bag like the Philip Lim Pashli
Photos: Internet (Pinterest) and some are mine
Right, so back to reality … Designer bags are beautiful but they come with hefty price tags. I think if you have means to be spoilt with a couple then that’s wonderful but I also think reasonable priced handbags make just as stylish accessories that can sometimes look rarer than a coveted designer brand bag!
T-Styled Me tips for buying handbags
(a) Stick to your budget (b) Make sure the quality is reputable and it’s practical enough to use and (c) Have fun expressing yourself trough handbags! Try maintaining a variety of colours, styles and designers in your collection to get the maximum looks out of your outfits.